Re: tar # issue fixed?

Hello Leonard,

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

> Hi Pchel,
>
> What about the issue with tar file names with hashes in their names? The
> wiki suggests that you fixed this, but I can't find what you changed...

This is the reason for the problem:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/mc/mc/vfs/vfs.c.diff?r1=1.125&r2=1.126&sortby=date&diff_format=u

Pavel, kind of reverts one of the hunks:

- for (vfs = vfs_list; vfs != &vfs_local_ops; vfs = vfs->next) {
+ for (vfs = vfs_list; vfs; vfs = vfs->next) {

I.e. the idea is to not fallback to the local fs if no other vfs matches.
However I doubt that this will work with files with 2 or more # in the
name. I have to test that first and then I'll report here.