Re: building on AIX

Andrew V. Samoilov wrote:
-#include <sys/socket.h>])
+#include <sys/socket.h>
+#include <bits/socket.h>
+])

from /usr/include/bits/socket.h:
# error "Never include <bits/socket.h> directly; use <sys/socket.h> instead."

I don't believe that the <bits/socket.h> inclusion is necessary in any version of Linux. If you look at the manpage of bind(2), it states that you should #include <sys/types.h> and #include <sys/socket.h>, but no word of #include <bits/socket.h>.

Can you send me the relevant part of the config.log file, starting with the first occurrence of the string "socklen_t".

Roland