Re[2]: Status of FTP password hiding patches

Hello Jindrich,

JN> On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 14:04, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
>> I would like to know what the status of the various FTP password hiding
>> patches is. Together with the quoting issues in vfs/extfs I believe this
>> to be the only issue that needs to be fixed before the release of 4.6.1.

JN> Hi,

JN> I fixed the possible memory leak regarding label_string found by Andrew
JN> V. Samoilov, see bug 131088 in Red Hat bugzilla. To test this patch,
JN> create an user "test" for example, set his password to "testpass",
JN> change your cwd by "cd /#ftp:test:testpass localhost" and:

JN> - try to upload a file to this directory and note the password is
JN> removed. Copy, error and other dialogs display "/#ftp:test localhost"

JN> - try to add the new ftp directory to directory hotlist, password will
JN> be also removed

JN> - try to find any dialog where the password is displayed

JN> I tested it and was unable to find any dialog that still shows a
JN> password in it. The patch is cleanly applicable to 20th Oct mc CVS
JN> snapshot.

I'm sorry for previous letter.

Please update your patch against current cvs.
Failed hunks in filegui.c is very strange.

--------
$ patch -p2 < mc-CVS-strippwd.patch
Patching file filegui.c using Plan A...
Hunk #1 failed at 68.
Hunk #8 failed at 907.
Patching file hotlist.c using Plan A...
Hunk #4 failed at 1008.
--------

--
Best regards,
 Pavel                            mailto:me pavelsh pp ru