Re: Re[2]: Is command 'mktemp' portable?

Hello Pavel,

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 08:15, Pavel S. Shirshov wrote:
> LdO> Yes it is. I've gathered and compared the patches used by SUSE and Red
> LdO> Hat/Fedora and put them up here:
> LdO> http://www.ottolander.nl/mc-patches/proposed/
>
> LdO> The mktemp patches are there. Sadly Pavel Roskin hasn't taken a look at
> LdO> these in over a month, although these patches have been used by
> LdO> multitudes of users of both distributions for months or even years.
>
>      Linux RedHat, Suse, etc it's not all kind of Unices in World.

I do believe mktemp to be portable (I don't think the original fix comes
from SUSE or Red Hat). All I was saying is that this particular solution
has been proposed and used before (and quite possible on other Unices as
well). Also I was drawing your attention to a set of patches by two
Linux vendors that have been used for a long time and which I believe
should be merged. Please have a look. Any incompatibilities that you
find I am happy to address.

Leonard.