Re: "Cannot create temporary command file" error

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Jindrich Makovicka wrote:

> Ali Akcaagac wrote:
>  > On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 09:40, Dmitry Semyonov wrote:
>  >
>  >>Don't pay too much attention to confusing error message ;)
>  >>Users are able to create files under /tmp.
>  >>The problem arises after /tmp/mc-$USER is deleted during active mc
>  >>session.
>  >

>  > Ahh! .... Yes this situation, yeah I find this quite annoying myself
>  > from time to time when deleting that mc-* dir by mistake within a mc
>  > session. I was wrong by assuming that this was a general tmp dir issue
>  > with general creating of that dir.
>
> The attached patch hopefully fixes it.

mc_tmpdir() function you are patching has the following comment:

 * The first call should be done early, since we are using fprintf()
 * and not message() to report possible problems.

So, in our case, a user will see some garbage on the screen if the mc-*
directory does not exist and can not be created.

...Bye..Dmitry.