Re: Account in FTP

Hello!

> My BS2000 mainframe wants account when connecting via FTP,
> (332 Account required.) but mc do not prompts the user for it.
> I think I could add this feature if this could be useful
> for someone else too...

Yes, it shouldn't be too much code.  See login_server() in vfs/ftpfs.c:

      if (command (me, super, WAIT_REPLY, "PASS %s", pass) != COMPLETE)
            break;

Add check for CONTINUE at this point and send the account.

Also look for this string in the same file:
/* "account" is followed by a token which we ignore */

You'll need to modify xdirentry.h to add a field for FTP account if .netrc
support is desired.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin