Re: Removal of PC port

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

> Can you outline some of the Cygwin changes that you want to see
> implemented ? I have a lot of free time now since I am currently
> unemployed and I'd like to help improve the Cygwin port.

Run *.exe files even if they don't have write permission.

Show correct frame drawing characters.  I know that it's possible to set
OEM charset, but mc should do the right thing regardless of the charset
setting.

Recognize keyboard modifiers.  In particular, I miss Ctrl-PgUp and
Ctrl-PgDown.  Shift with cursor arrows is also important.

Possibly we need Alt-F1 and Alt-F2 that would show available drives and
the Cygwin root.  The drives should be displayed as letters, but the path
in the panel should be /cygdrive/X, not "X:".

We need better support for files with DOS style line endings in the
editor.  It should be possible to hide ^M but write them to the disk.
There have been some patches for that, but neither was complete.  This is
not Cygwin specific, but it's more important on Windows.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin