Re: Using the TP instead of the GTP

fre 2003-07-04 klockan 15.27 skrev Andrew V. Samoilov:

> > > I think it's a good idea, but if I understand correctly, it will require
> > > making some kind of prereleases.
>
> Well, but only translations from people who send to Montreal paper letter
> with disclaimer and are a member of national translation team are accepted
> there.  So at least Russian and Ukrainian translation will be rejected because
> I did not send such application.  And it is problematic to give such papers
> from all of 30+ translators of mc.

A disclaimer for translation is only required if the maintainers for the
application requests so. If you browse other domains in the TP
(http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/domains.html), you'll find
plenty of domains that do *not* require disclaimers, because the
maintainers for the application did not request so.

Even if you decide to require a disclaimer, I don't think that will be a
problem, since most language teams should have at least one member with
a filled-in disclaimer.

Christian