[no subject]

   Also remember that the aim of syntax highlighting is to make
   programming less prone to error, not to make code look pretty.

I would also add "not to enforce formatting rules".  It's annoying and
should be applied only to the person who is fully in control of the code.
mcedit just cannot do it.

That's my opinion, but I'd like to hear from other developers.  I'm
leaving the patch in CVS for now, but I'll remove it before the release
unless somebody comes with serious arguments in favor of keeping it.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin