Connection status on menu bar

Hi,

I usualy have the annoying hintbar set off. However, when I use ftpfs or
fish, connection status information is printed on the menu bar. To make It disapear
I have to manualy refresh it (by F9 or sth else).

I think, that when someone want to have hintbar (which is also o "status line") off
these meassages shouldn't appear (its even more annoying than hintbar :-).

Do you like that feature, or could it be removed?

--
Filip Kalinski <filon pld org pl>