Re: Does --with-screen=slang add -lcurses ?

Hello!

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, [ISO-8859-1] Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> When I configure with --with-screen=slang (I use a static
> 1.4.8) on Cygwin I get
>
> checking for setupterm in -lcurses... yes
>
> during configure.

It's done for operating systems where S-Lang actually needs some function
(setupterm) from the native curses library.  It's almost certainly wrong
and unnecessary on Cygwin.

I think this should be done differently.  The configure script should
check if it's possible to link without curses and fall back if it doesn't
work.

Thank you for report!

--
Regards,