Re: [BUG] urar extfs in mc-4.6.0-pre2

Tomas Styblo wrote:
* Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org> [Thu, 02 Jan 2003]:

Unfortunatelly which is not portable.  I don't know is it
documented in unrar to return 7 if it was called without
arguments, or this is some random value dependent on compiler,
architecture and temperature.

However, if unrar is missing, the error code is always the same
(130 if I remember correctly) under every shell, so you can test
it.

This is what SUSv3 says:

~~~ SNIP ~~~
If a command is not found, the exit status shall be 127. If the
command name is found, but it is not an executable utility, the
exit status shall be 126.
~~~ SNIP ~~~

Sorry, but it should be too easy to be true. Zsh returns 1 in this case. And some distros symlinks zsh as /bin/sh.

--
Regards,
Andrew V. Samoilov.