Re: [Debian BTS] ru_RU.UTF-8 locale

Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 11:49:14AM +0100, Adam Byrtek / alpha wrote:

Hi, I know there are several people here which use the Russian locale.
Could you please try to reproduce this bug report or tell me whether I
can close it? Maybe this guy just doesn't know how to configure
UTF-8 terminal properly? Unfortunately I can't contact him...

mc doesn't work in UTF-8 locales.
A few days I hacked mc up so that at least the things I use often in mc
sort-of work with UTF-8, you can find the patch in
ftp://people.redhat.com/jakub/mc/
But view is not done at all and there is still a lot of places which need
changing.
The first thing to decide is what all locales mc wants to support.
E.g. supporting just ASCII compatible charsets (like UTF-8) is easier
than supporting ASCII incompatible ones.

	Jakub

Can you upload UTF8 related patches there?

--
Regards,
Andrew V. Samoilov