Re: Some more g_strdup_printf() eliminated

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Timur I. Bakeyev wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Just a note - if you dealing with paths, it's HIGHLY recommended to use
> PATH_SEP instead of "/", and corresponding char constant instead of '/'.
>
> Please!

Can you explain the reason?  The Windows port was dropped.  If support for
different path separators is still desired, the Windows version should
support both slash and backslash.  Comparing a character with PATH_SEP is
not going to work if more than one path separator is to be supported.

Also, I believe VFS has always been using forward slashes.  If we want to
support different path separators, somebody should describe the syntax of
VFS paths first.  I don't see any reason to keep this "political
correctness" alive until the syntax of VFS paths is documented.

I'd rather remove PATH_SEP than have an illusion of portability.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin