Please install filter for viruses

Hello, postmaster!

I wrote you yesterday but got no reply.  The problem with the Sobig.F
virus is only getting worse.  I'm getting hundreds of viruses sent to
mc-devel gnome org - approximately one in two minutes.  Mailman 2.0.x is
not equipped to deal with this deluge.

I had to turn off notifications to the moderator and to the sender about
e-mail held for moderation.  I have reduced the e-mail size to 10k to
catch viruses.  A filter has been added to Mailman to catch automated
replies.  Still, I have to deal with hundreds of messages in the
moderation queue.

Despite my efforts, three virus messages with stripped payload have
slipped into the mailing list.  As a result, I had to blacklist
administrators of the list, whose addresses were used by the virus
(including myself).

Half of the junk in the queue are actual virus e-mails.  They can be
removed by installing a filter in front of Mailman.  The rest are bounces
and virus warnings.  They can filtered out as well.

I know, you "don't plan" to upgrade to Mailman 2.1.x, but that's something
that could have relieved me from the tedious task of discarding hundreds
of junk e-mails one-by-one.

But if this issue is not be resolved one way or another, there will be no
other solution but to move mailing lists to a site with better
administration.  I know, it would be a major inconvenience for the
subscribers, but I cannot spend hours a day cleaning up junk from the
moderation queue.

I don't want it to sound as an attempt to put pressure on you, but the
fact is that no project can be successful if the communication between its
members doesn't work.  It's a serious problem and it needs to be solved.

The copy goes to the mailing list, whose members are entitled to know what
is going on.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin