Re: mc-4.5.55 and -lintl missing (fwd)

Hello, Martin!

> But I guess original @LINTL@ is now @INTLLIBS@ and this is I think the
> real fix for my problem. When linking mc, -lintl was used used on my box
> (Irix 6.5.15f).

Let's only discuss real problems.  I don't care whether bison is found or
whether -lintl is used.  If mc doesn't compile for you or you are not
getting some features (such as internationalization), then it's a problem
worth discussing.  Even then, the problem can be generic for all software
that uses getext.

> > > checking rpcsvc/yp_prot.h usability... no
> > > checking rpcsvc/yp_prot.h presence... yes
> > > configure: WARNING: rpcsvc/yp_prot.h: present but cannot be compiled
> >
> > The problem seems to be between your compiler and your headers.
>
> It seemed to me that one has to include probably mode system header files
> on this version, but I'm not a programmer so you are supposedly right.

Again, I don't care about your headers incompatible with your compiler -
it has nothing to do with mc, and I haven't seen any desription of the
problems it causes.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin