Re: new patchfs

Hello!

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Padraig Brady wrote:

> Personally I think the attached is much better than the origonal
> (details in comments at top)

Please send a patch against the CVS version, which can be found here:
http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/mc/vfs/extfs/patchfs?raw=1

It seems from your comment that you took the version from 4.5.51 as the
base.  Version 4.5.51 is years old.  Replacing files is very unsafe - it's
easy to remove recent changes.

> Also it would be nice to add:
>
> regex/\.(patch|diff)\.*(gz|bz2)*$
>          Open=%cd %p#patchfs
>
> in the default bindings file (just above ### Archives ###)

It will be done when either patchfs shows correct file sizes or when the
editor stops trusting stat().  patchfs is not ready for users yet.

> Also s/lynx/links/ seems appropriate in the default bindings file.

You probably didn't see the latest and greatest links that doesn't support
the "-dump" option.  Check recent discussion in the archives:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2002-October/msg00047.html

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin