Problem with Red Hat S-Lang worked around

Hello!

It is now possible to link mc against the patched version of S-Lang from
Red Hat 8.0 without losing non-ASCII characters in the menu.  For some
reason, Red Hat S-Lang expects the argument to addch() to be a wide
character (wchar_t), so I had to write a replacement to addch().

It is not UTF-8 support, not even a workaround for UTF-8 terminals and
locales.  It's merely a workaround for a bug in S-Lang, which changes the
API, but doesn't change the function name and doesn't even provide a
simpler way to use the old API.

The current version of mc still only works correctly in non-UTF locales on
non-UTF terminals.  The only workaround for UTF-8 is to disable 8-bit
output (Options->Display Bits->7 bits) and to use "stickchars" (mc -a).

I'm not planning adding UTF-8 support.  Those who want it should do it
themselves.

We are now just 9 TODO items away from 4.6.0-pre2.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin