Re: links in man2hlp

David Martin wrote:

I tried this to get punctuation marks out the link references
avoiding extra spaces (ala .BR or .IR). The best idea I got
was using "\&" as separator because it seems to have no side
effects for groff in the man page. I read something about
"\&" preventing kerning between characters but that doesn't
seem anything to worry about.

Another possible solution is .\" at the same line in .\"LINK2

I invented a LINK3 entry but if you trust the code it could go
as LINK2. I was careful with strings but I don't know if
glib functions must be used anyway.

snprintf() is not portable, so use g_snprintf().

Is there anyway to get the date into the help/groff files?
I (me again :) wanted to complete the header and the footer
(in .TH at the head of the file). @VERSION@ seems to do the
job for the version (like @prefix@) in mc.1.in.

There are yr (years since 1900), mo (month) and dy (day of month)registers in groff. So, you can add something like
.nr yr \n(yr+1900
.TH ... "\n(dy-\n(mo-\n(yr"
at the beginning of your man page.

Register support is not implemented in man2hlp now.

--
Regards,
Andrew V. Samoilov