Re: mc 4.5.55 scrambles prompt

On Tuesday 19 March 2002 00:01, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> It is done on purpose in function strip_ctrl_codes(), file src/util.c.
> Some of the sequences can create mess on the screen if they e.g. move the
> cursor.  I don't think that separating the sequences into "harmful" and

Please don't try to make mc "smart" so it fixes messes a user maybe causes,
he should notice and fix it himself if he included such harming sequences
eg by defining a "clean" prompt for Midnight Commander in ~/.mc/bashrc .

The latter can now be only used to fix the cosmetic issue but I would
love to see the current working directory displaying as caption. :-)

Bye,
   Steve