Re: patch for the viewer in mc-4.5.99

Hi, Roland!

> The patch adds more strictness to the nroff parser. As a result,
> binary files will contain less "bold" letters than before.

Thanks!  Applied after massive changes.

> -                   && is_printable (get_byte (view, from - 1)))
> +                   && is_printable (get_byte (view, from - 1)) &&
> +                   (get_byte(view, from + 1) == get_byte(view,
> from - 1)
> +                   || get_byte(view, from + 1) == '_'

This case (symbol, backspace, underscore) doesn't work, as you could have
noticed if you had tested your patch a little bit more.  MC displays bold
underscore.  It never worked right.  Adding proper support for this would
require quite a lot of code, and is not worth the trouble, since nroff
always puts the underscore before the backspace.  Now this case is not
interpreted, which is much better than a string of underscores.

The number of get_byte() calls becomes too large, so I added two variables
to hold the previous and the next character.

> -                       if (!is_printable (c))
> -                   c = '.';
> -
> -               view_add_character (view, c);
> +                       if (!is_printable (c)){
> +                   view_add_character(view, '.');
> +               } else{
> +                   view_add_character (view, c);

I believe, this part is not necessary, so I removed it.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin