Re[3]: ximian patches

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:28:30 -0400 (EDT) Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org> wrote:

> > BTW, why my patch about adding mplayer for avi files, etc is still not applied?
>
> There are already associations for avi files.  I don't want to change them
> without compelling reasons.

Of course there are. But xanim does not play most new avi's, including divx,
while mplayer plays everything and can even use xanim's codecs. gtv is just
a sample application from smpeg sources, it was probably added because at
that time there were no other decent players (actually earlier instead of
gtv commercial mtvp was used). So IMHO these are compelling reasons. Please
change both avi and mpg to use mplayer.

Regards,
Nerijus