Re: ximian patches

Hello, Nerijus!

> Maybe some of them should be applied?

Have you read those patched?  I think the answer is obvious in most cases.

> http://patches.ximian.com/?selected_modules=mc&selected_branches=Ximian+GNOME+1.4&selected_platforms=redhat-73-i386&submit=Give+me+tha+patches%21#results

mc-4.5.35-xtermcolor.patch-1 - absolutely not.  We have the right fix for
color detection in CVS, and the whole list was removed a week ago.

mc-4.5.36-mimekeys.patch-1 - GNOME-only, cannot be applied.

mc-4.5.51-gnome-editor.patch-1 - GNOME-only.

mc-no-string-inlines.patch-1 - I see no reason to disable string
optimization.  There is no comment why it should be done.

> http://patches.ximian.com/?selected_modules=mc&selected_branches=Ximian+GNOME+1.4&selected_platforms=debian-potato-i386&submit=Give+me+tha+patches%21#results

mc-fix-lib-makefile-am.patch-1
mc-mc-sysconfdir.patch-2

Those two patches move mc.global from /etc to /etc/mc.  It should now be
possible without patching anything, just by giving arguments to make.

For that matter, the whole idea of mc.global is wrong.  MC is a utility
for users, and root has no business editing mc.global for them.  All that
stuff should eventually go to the local config file.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin