mc 4.5.55 has a bug with zip support

Hi,

I while ago I compiled & installed mc version 4.5.55 on Redhat 7.2 using
this source package:

http://rhcontrib.bero.org/RPMS/SRPMS/mc-4.5.55-1.src.rpm

I have a simple shell script that I use to wgets stuff from certain
webpages (mainly lecture notes, but that's not important). Now 'wget -m
-np -nH' produces a directory named %7E<username>, where the %7E is
obviously a replacement for the ~ character.

I used zip to compress all those directories, and later tried to browse
the contents of that zip file with mc. It displays those directories as
0.000000E+00<username> which indicates that mc probably mistakes the %7E's
for a format string. Obviously unpacking (i.e. copying from the zip)
doesn't work, too.

Here are the versions of zip and unzip:
zip-2.3-10
unzip-5.42-1