Re: Proposed syntax for key sequences

Hi!

> Just tell me what sequences those keys generate.  You can run
> dd without arguments and press those keys.  I checked the
> latest putty release with the current Wine, and Ctrl-arrows
> generate the same sequences as the corresponding Shift-arrows
> in xterm.  For example, Ctrl-Left generates "^[OD" (the ^[ is
> actually Escape).

Left: ^[[D
Ctrl-Left: ^[OD
Shift-Left: ^[[D
Alt-Left: ^[^[[D

I'm using WinXP and the 2002-11-18 snapshot of PUTTY. It seems, just the
Shift cursor keys and normal cursor keys gives the same result, the
others give back different codes. I have downloaded the 0.53b (latest)
version, and that works the same for me. In this situation, the mc
version is (where don't works the Ctrl-cursor keys), 2002-11-20-17,
S-Lang with terminfo database.

I've tried to test the same under VMWare with UHU-Linux (a hungarian
Linux distribution), and Left, Shift-Left, Ctrl-Left was the same
(equals the Left sequence above) with dd, and Alt-Left changed the
terminal screen. On the other way it was strange for me, that Ctrl-Left
worked fine in mc and jumped over a word, when I pressed. (?) The
version of mc in this distribution is 4.5.55, and using S-Lang with
terminfo database.

Bye,
  Andras

ps: oops, I forgot that some of you may not Christian, so happy other
holidays for you, too! :)