Re: New patchfs script

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 04:42:35PM +0200, Andrew V. Samoilov wrote:
> I applied little patch for your patchfs to quote metacharacters in

Agreed.

> Also I want to eliminate temporary file in copyout()

It's necessary with this algorithm - you can't do 'seek' on a pipe.

The temporary file is created in a safe way, so this should not be a
security issue. BTW I guess we can create the file before doing '>' to
avoid symlink attack (quite improbable, tmp file name is random).

> and teach patchfs to understand context diffs (diff -c).
> Another good change should be to use +++ filename for newly created
> files (--- /dev/null).

It would be nice. Should I try to work on this issues or do you want
to do this yourself?

> And it is reasonable to search and substitute perl in patchfs, a and
> uzip scripts, but this is another story.

Could be quite hard... i see no popular alternatives.

Regards

--

  _.|._ |_  _.    : Adam Byrtek, alpha@(irc.pl|debian.org)
 (_|||_)| |(_|    : gg 1802819, pgp 0xB25952C0