Re: New patchfs script

Hello!

> Updated version attached. It works in reasonable time, even with kernel
> patches. It supports file size and date parsing. All warnings fixed.

Applied!  Thank you!

By the way, you are showing a good example to somebody else in this
mailing list :-)

> I considered some 'run' virtual methods, but decided they are redundant.

Agreed.

> 'patch -p1' is quite simple to type in fact... and one can add it to mc
> menu if he wants.

Yes, I think some of the VFSs need to be given more visibility, possibly
in the menu or maybe in some predefined hotlist.

> I will not send anything for a week I think, I have to get some rest
> after a few days hacking mc. So you will have some time to deal with my
> earlier patches :)

No problem.

> ps. When do you plan to release stable mc? Yes, I know, probably 'when
> it will be ready', but what are the predictions?

There are 5 items in the TODO list.  One is rather big (key modifiers) -
it can take a week to get it right.  Others are simpler - they can take
two evenings each.  On top of that, I need to test mc in Valgrind and try
compiling it on 3 or 4 different operating systems (FreeBSD, Cygwin, QNX,
maybe Solaris) and architectures (SPARC, IA64).  It would take a couple of
days.

That would be mc-4.6.0-pre2.  I don't have any plans for mc-4.6.0 other
than updating translations, documentation and accepting simple bugfixes.

I'll be on vacation from December 28th to January 19th.  I hope to release
mc-4.6.0-pre2 before that and mc-4.6.0 soon after I return, unless some
fundamental bugs are reported in the meantime.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin