Re: Fwd: Current CVS: cannot change to Name+Version?

On Monday 09 December 2002 07:06, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> > And it's working like this: (from any directory)
> >
> > /usr/local/bin/mc
> >
> > Looks like here's a realtive-path-problem?
>
> You have a shell function "mc", so when you run "mc" without full path,
> the function is run.  That function calls the real binary "mc" with the
> "-P" argument. The "mc" function is now obsolete.  Most likely you had an
> old version of mc and didn't uninstall it properly.
Hello again,

I have removed the old mc by doing rpm --erase mc and install the latest (from
some minutes ago) again. The same problem does still exist.

I have found out s.t. for you:

tux:/~ # set | grep mc
set | grep mc
OLDPWD=/root/Test/Extract/mc
mc ()
    mkdir -p $HOME/.mc/tmp 2>/dev/null;
    chmod 700 $HOME/.mc/tmp;
    MC=$HOME/.mc/tmp/mc-$$;
    /usr/bin/mc -P "$@" >"$MC";
tux:/~ #

So here's the problem himself. Well, I'm not experienced enougth to remove
this function (you told about). So how may I remove it permanently?

Thanx for help in advance.

Roland