Re: petantic...

Hello, Marco!

> I just think that the last added option in the editor shoud be better
> written: "Save cursor position" instead of "Save file position" if I
> correctly understand the option meaning. Over meticuous, pedantic?

It's great to get feedback from translators that early after the string
was added, before it was translated to other languages.  Many ugly things
(like '\x4' in help.c that I recently removed) would not make it into the
sources if the translators were more active back when those strings were
added.

Anyway, I checked Far 1.70 beta 4, and it uses "Save file position":

  Save file position      Save and restore positions in the recently
                          viewed files. This option also forces
                          restoring of character table, if the table
                          was manually selected by user, and the file
                          viewing mode (normal/hex).

I think what we are going to have in this release is just saving the
cursor position.  However, if we are going to add more functionality to
match features of Far, then "Save file position" would be a better
description.

I'm leaving "Save file position" for now.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin