Re: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE without arguments breaks automake 1.5

Hello, Andrew!

I've restored the old AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE, but removed the version from
AC_INIT.  Unfortunately, mc-4.6.0-pre1 has two different versions in
configure.in.  This should not happen anymore.  I don't want to replace
the tarball since it's a minor aesthetical problem.

Also configure generates RH_VERSION now, which is VERSION without dashes,
to use as a version of the RedHat package.  rpm doesn't like dashes in the
version.

As for the warnings, they come from Automake macros, which are obsolete
from the point of view of Autoconf.  Consider upgrading to the latest
stable release of Automake.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin