Re: MC BUG: 100% CPU usage if terminal hanged

Hello!

> It's another bug which can be problematic:

> mc is used through network in telnet or ssh.
> If network link dies but terminal is still running
> mc often gets to 100% CPU usage.
>
> Versions: mc-4.5.55, FreeBSD-4.6 and previous.
>
> Solution: mc should never loop w/out select on
> appropriate file descriptors. IO descriptors in this case
> I guess.

I don't understand this suggestion.

There is a fix in the CVS, although it doesn't eliminate the loop around
select().  Two fixes actually, one in feed_subshell(), another in
get_event().  Could you please test the current snapshot?

By the way, I'm considering whether we should make a release candidate
(4.6-rc1).  The number of release-critical bugs only increases despite all
efforts, but on the other hand, it seems that we are getting more and more
reports for already fixed problems from those who don't want to try the
snapshot.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin