Re: mcedit syntax highlight

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Walery Studennikov wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 12:08:26PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> > Just splitting the library from MC would not work - there are too many
> > limitations in it.  I believe that the library should be written from
> > scratch.
> >
> > Things would be different if such library existed already and was in a
> > good shape.
>
> It exists.
> I've mentioned about "colorer" library
> (http://plugring.farmanager.com/downld/files/colorer4ever.lib.rar)
> a YEAR ago.
> It is really powerful.

Its license is incompatible with GPL:

"3. You must send  me colorer registration form (freely) if you using
colorer in any form.

4. You cannot derive new versions of ``colorer library''. You may produce
your own software, based on colorer work, but you can't use colorer name
to distribute it."

I cannot imagine RedHat or Debian distributing colorer, either under its
name or as a derived product under a different name and the same license.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin