> ---begin file--
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> ///---------------
> ---end file------

I could not reproduce the bug with this file, but I could reproduce it
with a file with only 3 bytes - 1, newline and 2.  If I press Shift-F3,
Down, Shift-F3 and F5, I get a file with almost 64 megabytes of newlines
between 1 and 2.

> Set position 1 press Shift-F3 selected to 5 press Shisf-F3 (end selected)
> after press Space bar and press F5(copy) wait 30 sec. - Resultat
> file test.txt size = 66977792 byte

This is 0x3fe0000 - approximately the maximal file size that mcedit can
edit.

> GNU Midnight Commander 4.5.51
> GNU Midnight Commander 4.5.55

The same problem exists in the CVS version of GNU Midnight Commander, both
in mcedit and the internal editor.  The same problem exists in Cooledit
3.17.6.

Thank you for the bugreport!

--
Regards,