Re: [mc cvs]branches, releases, packaging?

Hi!

> Short Intro: I'm a translator of the gnome project. Dutch (nl) to be exact.
>
> It has recently been brought to my attention that there were some small
> issues with the translation of mc. I'd like to know which branches are
> active at the moment (stable, unstable, gnome1, gnome2-port, etc...). That
> way I know which branches to commit translatins to.

The only active branch is the head branch.  Don't bother updating anything
else.

> Also, is there a new release coming up so that I can correct the stupid
> mistakes made (by me) in the last release. The user who reported the problem
> had a RedHat skipjack (beta 8.0) package. version 4.5.55-5. Omitting the
> last packaging number, this leaves 4.5.55.. Is this the latest stable
> release? Will there be any updates to that branch or is it dead?

The current stable version is 4.5.55.  It's the last version with GNOME
frontend.  The GNOME code was been removed from the head branch soon after
the release.

The next version will be called 4.6.

--
Regards,