Re: new patch: panel_scroll_pages option

Reply to Pavel Roskin sent Mon 08.04.2002 @ 18:15:14 (-0400):

> > i hope there's still some developers alive.
> Alive yes, but not much apart from that :-(

well anything !dead should be good enough ;)
and you replied within a few hours, so it should be perfect for the
ideas i've got in mind (pjear).. if that's ok with you..?

> > the diff's attached, and i hope it's good enough to get included in mc =)
> The diff doesn't apply to the CVS version.  Please always specify the
> version you are working with.

well it applied to the cvs i downed that afternoon (it says 4.5.99a), but i
haven't really figured out how to diff with cvs.. yet...

> There is already a command-line option "-s" (slow) used on slow terminals.
> Maybe smooth scrolling could be default and the "jumpy" scrolling could be
> used when "-s" is given?  Or "-s" could force "jumpy" scrolling regardless
> of the settings?  What do you think?

if everybody's ok with that, sure. i just thought maybe some ppl prefer
the jumpy scrolling for some reason? i dunno. otherwise i'll put it in
with the -s.

that brings me to the following: commandline -s sets mode slow_terminal,
but there's also a configuration option 'Verbose operation' which sets
mode verbose. both seem to exist for the same reason, although they
alter different things. shouldn't these options be combined? or am i
missing something here?

--
Shiar            m00h  ( _ )
shiar shiar org     \  ~O o~__