Re: Moving from ~/.cedit to ~/.mc

Hi!

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Andrew V. Samoilov wrote:

> check_for_default() from src/cmd.c can be used to copy
> Syntax from ${prefix}/lib/Syntax to ~/.mc/.cedit/Syntax.

Thank you for the idea.  I've commited a patch that does exactly that.  I
didn't feel good about removing an existing versioning system, but it
didn't work correctly, and hardcoding "Syntax" was really a bad idea, so
it's a step in the right direction.

Actually, I don't think that "Syntax" should be copied.  Most people don't
want to customize those files, and those who do will be able to make the
copy by hand.

But I preserved the old behavior for now.

> BTW, it will be fine if autoconf/autoheader/gettext URLs will be
> noticed in mc documentation. (README ?) -- Regards, Andrew.

Actually, INSTALL is supposed to provide this information.  I'll have a
look if anything could be added.  Note that most users should not need any
of those tools, they just need to know how to compile and install MC.

Whenever you add more informations, some users will think that they _need_
e.g. Autoconf and will start sending dumb question to the list.  I know
that from Autoconf mailing lists - extra information confuses.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin