[no subject]

I'm sorry for all the problems you have with the gettext support. Many (if
not all) of them wouldn't exist if AM_GNU_GETTEXT were used. I did some
reserch on the history of AM_GNOME_GETTEXT, and found this message:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers-readonly/2001-May/msg00199.html

which says that AM_GNOME_GETTEXT is needed for libraries (implying _only_
for libraries). MC is not a library. Moreover, this message

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers-readonly/2001-May/msg00227.html

implies that AM_GNU_GETTEXT should be used in the packages for GNOME-2.

Unless anybody objects, AM_GNOME_GETTEXT will be replaced with
AM_GNU_GETTEXT in the MC sources.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin