Re: mcedit bug

Hi Matthias Urban!

Sorry for responding so late. These days are consuming a lot of time of
us hackers ;-)

Anyway, about these patches in mc-menu: Since I have no authority on the
source, make sure Pavel sees to these patches also.

> there is a little bug in the `mc-menu' file:
>
> ---
> + ! t t
> @       Do something on the current file
>         CMD=%{Enter command}
>         $CMD ./%0f
> ---
>
> This only works well for commands without additional arguments. If there
> are arguments then only the command itself is assigned to CMD, but the
> arguments are passed on to the shell trying to execute them as if they
> would be commands. I think it better should look like this:
>
> ---
> + ! t t
> @       Do something on the current file
>         CMD="%{Enter command}"
>         $CMD ./%0f
> ---

Good work! It has indeed irritated me that inserting of "ls -l" output
did not produce what I expected.

> What do you think about a "Create patch files" command in the mc-menu? I
> tried the following:

I'm not sure when I should ever need this. When do you use it?

> It's really tiresome to create the patch files for more than one file by
> hand (maybe for a whole directory). I've offen have to do this, and I

I simply use the -r option of diff when comparing directories

Best wishes for 2002,

Steef