Re: mcedit bug

Hi Pavel,

> Could you please give an example?  I tried "ls -al" and it works as one
> would expect.

I'm sorry but I've just discovered that it was the wrong command :-(
Only "Do something on the tagged files" doesn't work with complex
commands. The problem is located in the following line:

---
	set %u; CMD=%0{Enter command};
---

`%0{...}' is used and it seems that this syntax let only the first word
of the command be assigned to CMD; the rest is passed on to the shell.
It works well when the following syntax is used:

---
	set %u; CMD=%{Enter command};
---

> > I've looked into the sources of the Midnight Commander and I have found
> > the following in the file edit.c, line 2704+, function user_edit():
> Maybe it was meant to save a few keystrokes when inserting constructs
> like while into C and Perl programs.  Maybe somebody was on crack :-)

;-)))

> I've just removed both edit_cursor_to_bol and edit_cursor_to_eol from
> that file.  Thank you for reporting the problem!

Fine, I'll try it out as soon as possible.

> > A last thing: What do you think about `word completion' within the
> > editor? That would be a very cool feature. And is there a 'redo'
> > anywhere?
>
> I'm affraid that all those cool features won't appear in MC unless you
> implement it and do it very cleanly, documenting every change.

I will think about it, really ;-)
(Maybe when I've finished my studies!? (in a few months))

> You are  probably wrong if you think that this list is full of talented
> programmers  with a lot of free time just waiting for cool ideas.

I've never thought so; I know that this is not a commercial project. And
I also know that you are sacrificing your free time when implementing
new features for it. All the more I'm impressed of the MC; there's
nothing assimilable for UNIX-like systems (in fact, even the Norton
Commander never was as powerful as the MC :-).

Best regards and Merry Christmas!
Matthias

PS: Thank you for the patch, again. It's like a completely new MC :-)))