Re: detection of xterm mouse support

Hi, Oskar!

> The correct way to determine _xterm_ (not generic) mouse support
> is to check the "kmous" terminfo ("Km" termcap) capability.

The current code is significantly different with respect to the mouse
compared to mc-4.5.55.  You can find the latest snapshot at
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/utils/file/managers/mc/snapshots/

MC checks those capabilities now.  However, it still enables mouse support
only for known terminals.  The problem is that the Linux console also has
mouse capabilities, but we are using the gpm library instead.

I see the following solutions how to make it right:

1) Get rid of gpm library and enable xterms-tyle events on the Linux
console.  This would simplify things greatly and it's probably the best
solution, but it would require some time cleaning gpm from all
configuration files and may not work for everybody.

2) Change the order of initialization and enable xterm-style mouse if the
capability is found and gpm mouse has not been found.

3) Enable xterm-style mouse if the capability is found and the terminal
name doesn't beging with "linux".  That's the cheapest hack.

Any suggestions?

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin