Re: mcedit leaks file handler if safe save set

Hi, Andrew!

> There is unpleasant bug in mc's builtin editor since 4.5.55
> found by Andrew W. Nosenko <awn bcs zp ua>.

I don't think this bug is present in 4.5.55.  I disabled safe save and
backups on remote VFS exactly for that reason and you reenabled it after
the release:

2001-11-19  Andrew V. Samoilov  <kai cmail ru>
        (edit_save_file): Enable safe save and backups on remote VFS.

>  * it is used in edit/editcmd.c/edit_save_file() to generate filename
>    for safe save.
>  * without temporary hack below mc leaks file handlers and
>    this/these file(s) cannot be unlinked or executed.

Ok, please feel free to fix your bugs :-)

> BTW, Andrew W. Nosenko reported undelfs is not large file compatible.
> There are atol is used in some places for ino_t.

As far as I understand, ino_t stores the file number on the filesystem.  I
don't understand how it can have anything to do with large file support.
Please explain.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin