Re: files highlighting

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 01:07:15AM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!

> > > I thought midnight already has this feature?
> >
> > are you sure? man what? :)
>
> At least I see colorful files when browsing directories. (Directories
> one color, broken symlinks red, executables bright). Ah-ha it does not
> seem extension based. Ok.

That's what I added couple of years ago. It distinc the same file types, MC
showss as a very first column - '/', '@', '*', '!', '|', '-', ' '.

This is based on a file type plus broken symlynks.

The reason, why I'm a bit afraid of extension based coloring(and why I didn't
implement it) was the limit on the color pairs which one of the curses libraries
sets - 32 or 64, anyhow, very low.

I dunno, is this an issue for ncurses and slang, which are the only defaults now.

In general, I'd like to get rid of color pairs and be able to use simply fore-
ground and background colors.

With regards,
	    Timur.