Re: Press releases

Ahoy,

For what it's worth...

On Friday 10 March 2006 18:07, Corey Burger wrote:
> We currently have two press releases, from myself and Claus. I have
> attached both. The key difference between the two is length. Mine is
> fashioned on the 2.12 press release, as well as looking at a few other
> non-gnome ones. They tend to be short, with very few actual details.
> Claus' is longer, with more detail. My inclination is to lead towards
> shorter and push people to the excellent release notes if they want
> more in depth information.
>
> Thoughts?

I'd go for yours plus a snappy quote after the new feature list. You'll also
want to footnote a few things and provide, in editors' notes, a brief
explanation of what the heck certain things are (GNOME, VOIP & SIP). Finally
you need some "for more info" contact details in there, immediately after the
text and before any editors' notes.

Tech press releases always seem to be inexplicably long and boring. Short 'n'
sweet is always better =)

Regards,
Tom

--
I'm aware that e-mails to me may be blocked by my host
because they are mistaken as spam. If this happens,