GNOME group in SecondLife

Hi,

as there is also a Linux client for SecondLife
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecondLife) I decided to try it out and
also created a group for GNOME users.

I would like to invite anybody interested in GNOME promotion to maybe
use this opportunity to meet in a virtual environment. I would
describe this as a multimedia chat room. It is possible to promote
GNOME there if we can establish an alive community. This is a very new
thing and I am also not sure about the outcome but i also made the
experience that it is totally different to meet there as in a
minimalistic chat.

it could also be possible to make virtual GNOME demonstrations there
with Screencasts or other things.

The only bad thing at the moment is a) SecondLife is owned by only one
company which is Linden Labs b) You must have a credit card (although
you do not have to pay anything for a basic account) to sign up. I
expect this thing to spread like the Internet - so that this will be
more free.

Also look at the Linux wiki I created at:
http://stux.wikiinfo.org for collection of information for Linux users.

Thilo

PS: The Creative Commons organisation has started to use this VR extensively.

--
http://vinci.wordpress.com