Re: GNOME Summer Planet?

> I just knew today about http://planet.gnome.org/wsop2006/ - wonderful!
>
> Is it too late for a GNOME Summer Planet joining the feeds from
> http://planet.gnome.org/wsop2006/ and http://planet.gnome.org/soc2006/ ?
>
> WSOP is not the same than SoC, so I guess the feeds can't be mixed under
> any SoC label. Adding the boys to WSOP would be strange as well. But
> having boys and girls students separate has a reminiscence...
>
> Instead, having a planet for all of the students together with no gender
> distinction would fit better in the aim of the WSOP project and our
> willingness to integrate minorities etc.

The women should be in the regular SOC planet, and eventually all the
SOP/WSOPs should find their way onto the regular planet.

But for a while we also need a WSOP planet with just the women. This
creates a women-only community which is necessary in the short term so
that women can build a critical mass on their own terms, and to advertise
the presence of women to other women.

> Hopefully the WSOP bloggers will consolidate their contributions to the
> GNOME project and will keep blogging about it, so they can reach Planet
> GNOME and start balancing the gender statistics: just 1 (?) woman in 166
> feeds.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com