request for auditing drupal

This is a call for all you drupal fans (experts) out there!

>From earlier discussions it seems drupal is our best (only?) CMS
candidate so far.

Can somebody please go through the requirements [1] and write a report
how drupal meets (or not) these reqs?

Take each bullet point and elaborate. Tell not only  "*check* - dupal
knows this". Please write in a few words how drupal works and how it
meets the requirement. Send drafts soon and updates often, so we can
start discussing it asap.

For example: (these are off the top of my head, may not be accurate)

* Friendly URLs:

drupal uses php, and urls look like example.com/node.php?nodeid=35353.
With apache's mod_rewrite this can be beautified to
example.com/node/35353. Furthermore, with a drupal module any URL can be
assigned to a node. This has to be manually assigned to each node.
(include more details if useful)

* I18N

drupal has this and that I18N module. It can use gettext to... Also,
it's great because... Unfortunately it cannot support... without some
custom code.

Such reviews for other CMSs are welcome too, of course!

Greg

ps: please forward this to drupal fans (experts) not on marketing-list
who could be interested in getting involved.

[1] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/CmsRequirements
[2] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/DevelopmentTimeline