Re: [Fwd: Re: [guadec-list] Sponsor Brochure Darft]

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:58:36 +0100
Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:

> Hopefully in the following days we are going to get a first stable
> version of the GUADEC Sponsor Brochure.

Looks nice! Can't wait to see the final version! :-)

> Feel free to suggest improvements to the PDF document available at
> http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006_2fSponsorsBrochure

I suggest to

 * work on the benefits for a sponsor: It's the only real question you
   need to answer. You probably have noted that the main benefit (of
   sponsoring an event) is press coverage (contacts in general); this
   could be a little bit tricky [1].

 * cut the text. Just like in interface design: Don't bother people with
   unimportant stuff unless you can write an interesting story about it.

 * add what you'd like a sponsor to do; a call to action: "Fill form
   now and fax or mail it to us!", etc...

 * rethink the prices. GUADEC is not LinuxWorld. Think benefit, again.

 * add a motivation for answering immediatly: "Answer now, and get
  <whatever> extra!"

I'm sure google will reveal a few more tips on the keyword 'Direct
mailings' or "direct marketing". Hope this helps! :-)

Cheers,
Claus

[1] Making the press interested in GUADEC was not a goal of
    previous events if I'm not mistaken.