Re: GNOME logo: example on dark background

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 13:21 +0100, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> >>Here is the inverted logo anyway.
> >>http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/gnomelogo-inverted.svg

This is just the regular logo in white. I guess people will already find
it easy to change the colour.

> I'm cc marketing list with this mail (hi people!).
> Well, I think we should at least recommend the inverted one in the logo
> guidelines,

Yes, let's make a .png of that, suggesting that people change the colour
of the supplied SVG. Until we have a "corporate design" with colors and
fonts, we are making absolutely no recommendations about the colors that
people should use.

>  as it do actually display better on dark backgrounds.
> The problem with the glowing logo
> (http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/gnome-darkbg.svg) is that it is
> made in such a way that it is impossible to blow it up in size too much
> without it looking wacky as the glow is made up of several
> semi-transparent objects.
> - Andreas

I see what you mean. I put a coloured square behind it and made it
bigger. The glow is 2 or 3 copies of the logo with different
transparencies and different sizes. I guess what we really need is some
kind of radial gradient transparency. Maybe you could ask the Inkscape
people if this is possible. For now, it's maybe not a good idea to
provide this as an example.

Would it be less "weird" and more resizable with just a single simple
white border around the black logo?

Thanks lots.

--
Murray Cumming