wgo layout planning

Lee, you have started working on look & feel mockups at
http://live.gnome.org/wgoMockups but now that we have a wider vision of
the wgo planning process it is clear that we need to start the other way
round: planning first the components and the structure of the wgo pages
and working on the look&feel at the end.

You are strong on XHTML/CSS/PHP etc and it is somehow a waste of energy
if you need to concentrate on graphic design leaving aside the structure
behind the skin.

Have you got a look at the new planning? Tell us if it's ok to work as
suggested at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/DevelopmentTimeline

- First we should agree on the components used in the homepage and
secondary pages. This can be done with simple lists in a wiki page, no
need for structure or design. The more detail we agree on every
component, the better.

- Once the components are clear we should agree on the structure of the
pages. No look&feel needed, only agree on how a page is organized, where
is placed each component.

You have roughly a couple of weeks to produce drafts and integrate
improvements coming from the revisions. Tell us if this is ok or you
have better suggestions.

Professional projects can get stuck much more weeks on these steps, but
we will aim to get a first solid proposal. No need to find out the
perfect solution in 2 weeks: probably some tuning / improvements will
come afterward, when starting the CMS implementation and building the
site.