Re: gnome app pages (was confusingly Gnome Software Map)

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 04:15 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> "Software Map" is not the right way to approach these problems, and it's not
> the right way to get things our users care about on the page.

Fair enough, I'll back my stubborn ass off the case :)

To summarize:

- Our focus now is to present the Gnome desktop in the context of higher
level products, with emphasis on benefits and features.

- We are going ahead with a software map as outlined in [1], which will
basically just be a list of endorsed applications (or whatever we are
calling it now). We are still going ahead with it, right?

> > > That's a very simple Apache configuration change. We need not be
> > > concerned about this (or breaking the existing wgo/projects URLs) at
> > > all.
> >
> > It's not just about that. It will look and feel different, just not
> > integrated.
>
> That's fine. We're running to a highly compressed schedule. We can make the
> template look reasonably similar. We Have The Technology.

All right then.

All the other things discussed are now basically a non-issue. I'm sorry
for wasting your times, though I hope it made things clearer for others
too. Looking forward to real progress :)

Greg

[1] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/SoftwareMap